Archives have stricter security than libraries to protect and preserve their unique and irreplaceable collections. Follow these procedures when doing research in the Archives:
· No food or drink is allowed in the Archives Reading Room.
· Free lockers are provided in the Archives for personal items that cannot be kept at your research table such as backpacks, purses, brief cases, laptop cases, umbrellas, and coats.
· You may use laptops, notebooks, note cards, and citation manuals while doing your research.
· Pencils or laptops may be used. No pens and highlighters are allowed.
· You must sign in before beginning your research.
· Unlike a library where you can go into the stacks, the archives stacks are closed. Someone from the staff will retrieve the material you need.
· Materials do not circulate. You must use them in the Archives.
· Many archival materials are fragile. Handle them with care.
HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY
7:45 - noon & 1:00 - 4:30
LOCATION: Library, 5th floor
APPOINTMENTS: Need help finding primary sources? Email Ruth at email@example.com to set up an appointment. In the email include: the class you are taking, a brief summary of your topic, and 3 to 4 times that you are available to meet with me. I will schedule a time and contact you by email.