Kindle Fire Checkout
The Library now has a Kindle Fire available for checkout at the Periodical's Desk on 2nd floor. The Kindle Fire is available on a first-come first-serve basis and can be checked out for 24 hours.
The Kindle Fires comes with a selection of preloaded magazines and can be used to explore/play with apps or search the web.
Kindle Fire Magazine Apps
Read current issues of popular magazines via apps the Library has preloaded for your convenience.
And more!! Ask for details at the Periodicals Desk (2nd Floor).
Kindle Fire Liability Agreement
- The Kindle Fire may be checked out only to students, faculty, and staff with a valid campus ID.
- The device can be checked-out for 24 hours (no renewals).
- A $5.00 per day late fee will be charged for every day the device is overdue (not to exceed $50.00).
- A $300.00 replacement fee will be charged for lost or damaged devices.$25.00 for lost power cord.
- The Kindle Fire must be returned to the Periodicals Desk during staffed hours:
Mon - Thu: 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Fri: 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please hand directly to staff person. Do not leave on counter or place in book drop.
In the case of an emergency in which the device cannot be returned during normal desk hours, please contact Sara Weisensel (715-346-4202).
Content and Personal Information
· The Kindle Fire is equipped with WiFi which can be accessed through the user’s university wireless account.
· The Kindle Fire comes with a suite of preloaded content and applications, but users may download additional content (using their personal Amazon account), with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the device is returned to the library.
· Any additional apps or content purchased by the user during the loan period must be done with the borrower’s own funds, and is not the responsibility of the library.
I accept responsibility for:
- Returning both the device and power adaptor to the Periodicals Desk.
- Damage to the Kindle Fire intentionally or unintentionally caused by myself or another while it is checked out to my account.
- Theft of the Kindle Fire while it is checked out to my account.
- Any late fee that I incur for failing to return the Kindle Fire promptly after the loan period ends.
- Any replacement fee or fine incurred due to intentional or unintentional damage, theft, loss, or failure to return.
- Adhering to any software restrictions placed on the device.
Kindle Fire Review
Source: Mobile TechReview