Where you vote is dependent on where you live in Stevens Point.
You can refer to this map in order to locate your polling place. Note that the UWSP campus is split between several different voting districts, so not all on-campus residents vote in the same location.
Registering to vote is simple!
1) Are you a registered voter? Not sure? Check this link to find out.
2) As a college student, there are some special rules to follow. You have the option to vote in Stevens Point or your hometown. If you have lived in place (such as a dorm) for 28 days prior to the election, you are eligible to vote. If you have not voted in Stevens Point before, you will need to register.
Here are options:
1) You can register online
2) You can register by mail
2) You can register with the City Clerk
3) You can register on election day at your polling place
Regardless of how you register, you will need to provide proof of your current address. You will also need to provide a valid driver license or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number if you have either of them.
You need to register to vote if any of the following are true for you:
- You have never registered to vote in Wisconsin
- Your address has changed since the last time you voted
- Your legal name has changed since the last time you voted
More information on voter registration can be found here.
Wisconsin voters need to show an acceptable photo ID when voting at the polls or by absentee ballot. There are some exceptions to the law when voting by absentee ballot.
If you need to register at the polls on election day, you will need to bring proof of address. This page provides a list of acceptable documents including the option of a UWSP Voter ID Enrollment Letter that can be printed via your myPoint account.
All you have to do at the polls is show your ID, sign the poll list, and actually cast your vote.